There are two most used and famous methods used for ear stretching:
- Tapers: if you want ear stretching for small sizes tapers is the most commonly used technique. There are types of tapers that are available which include,
- The acrylic tapers: this is considered to be the cheapest option. The material can hold bacteria so isn’t good to wear it.
- The steel tapers: this is being suggested for some reasons which include, they are slicker than the acrylic tapers thus they are easier to stretch. Since steel can be sterilized it is safer to stretch compared to acrylic tapers.
- The concave steel tapers: these tapers are more special compared to the others. They have a concave part which means they have a dip at the back in which you can put some new plugs at.
- The taping method: this method is used for the larger sizes, it helps in stretching the lobes easily and carefully. The types of tapes used are:
- PTFE tape: it is a great and an inexpensive tape which can be used to stretch. Its very affordable in its pricing, it sticks only to itself because it is non- adhesive and it is also super thin this enables you to increase your size.
- Bondage tape: this is considered as the second best tape which is used in the taping technique. It is smooth thus making it easier for insertion after wrapping your plugs over and over. It is a little more expensive compared to PTFE.
Why do people around the world practice ear stretching?
- For fashion purposes: the generation we live in widely do the ear stretching for fashion since they feel it is a cool thing to do. It is like a funky fashion statement that generation considers.
- The tradition in the culture: in few tribal cultures, this is a traditional thing which is practiced.